- This event has passed.
October 20, 2015 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm EDT
Our last event of Catalan Wines USA took place on Tuesday October 20th 2015 at the Metropolitan Club, located at the 66th Floor of the Willis Tower, one of the most iconic buildings in Chicago.
The CATALAN WINES USA event consisted of a Seminar and a Walk-Around Wine Tasting served with some Tapas. The event was opened to the wine professionals from the Chicago area: importers, distributors, retailers, restaurants, sommeliers and other people interested in knowing more about the wines from Catalonia.
The Seminar went from 2PM to 3PM and the Wine Tasting from 3PM to 6PM. The seminar speaker was the Wine Educator Sean Ludford, who has been working on the beverage industry for many years.
Hereafter, a group of selected Catalan wineries presented 3 wines each in the wine tasting. 14 different wineries participated in the event, representing a wide variety of wines and cavas from several Denominations of Origin from Catalonia. Some of them they were already present in the US market, but others were new. The wineries which participated in the Chicago event were the following:
- Big 5 – DO Costers del Segre, Montsant and Terra Alta – big5.es
- Ca n’Estella – DO Cava and Penedès – fincacanestella.com
- Canals & Munne – DO Cava – canalsimunne.com
- Castell d’Or – DO Cava and Penedès – castelldor.com
- Caves Nadal – DO Cava and Penedès – nadal.com
- Celler Ronadelles – DO Montsant – ronadelles.com
- Cellers Sant Rafel – DO Montsant – cellerssantrafel.com
- Cellers Unio – DOQ Priorat, DO Montsant and Terra Alta – cellersunio.com
- De Muller – DOQ Priorat and DO Tarragona – demuller.es
- Heretat Montrubí – DO Penedès – montrubi.com
- La Vinyeta – DO Empordà – lavinyeta.es
- Mas Bertran – DO Penedès – masbertran.com
- Mas Rodó – DO Penedès – masrodo.com
- Miquel Pons – DO Cava and Penedès – cavamiquelpons.com
Sean Ludford, Wine Educator
With a long professional record in the beverage industry, Sean Ludford is a Wine Specialist who has worked in many different parts of the sector. His professionalism comes from the experiences of working as a retail purchaser, sommelier and importer/distributor and also working in the production of both wine and beer. Moreover, he has been part of the jury of some competitions of the sector. At the moment, he is the owner and director of BevX.com, a company that offers consulting services, training and workshops to brands, bars, restaurants and other companies of the beverage sector. As a proven expert, Sean Ludford writes on its website, providing information about the trends in the Wine and Spirits Market.
To access the photos of the event click here.